Minutemen Murder Mayhem

Defending America by Killing Americans

Every weekend near where I live, there’s a group of people that set up near a community center to demonstrate against illegal immigration.  They hold up signs that direct fairly awful things at people they don’t know and don’t care to know.

I’m not going to go into a whole immigration debate here; people that know that I’m for open immigration.  Come, work, hang out, add some culture, be part of the country; the more the merrier.  Homogeneity is boring. Apparently it’s stupid, too.

He's a border patrol agent. Even his T-shirt says so. Here, he works on counting to nine.

He’s a border patrol agent. Even his T-shirt says so. Here, he works on counting to nine.

Because in case you haven’t heard, a couple of veterans of the completely misnamed Minutemen (the original Minutemen were a small, elite, well trained force – not a bunch of beer-swilling rednecks that like to play army and are looking for an excuse to kick some dark-skinned ass.  And oh yeah, they defended against attack, not visitors looking for work so they could feed their families) movement are up for murder.

But not just any murder, mind you.  They invaded a home and killed the entire family, including a nine year old girl.  Why?  Because the were looking to rob them (of both cash and drugs that they could resell) so that they could fund their efforts to defend America against people that invade homes, sell drugs, and kill nine year old girls.  Make sense?  Wait, maybe Shawna Forde, leader of Minutemen American Defense (look how smart! It has the acronym MAD. How long do you suppose she worked on that?), and one of the people that got arrested for the crime can explain their motivation better.  The following was grabbed from her web page before it was taken down, and pretty much explains everything:

After they cross the border they are taking over area’s of our cities, neighborhoods, schools with their way of life witch is:

1 Corruption
2 Lie’s
3 Drug dealing
4 welfare fraud
5 stealing
6 Filthiness
7 Gang code of ethics
8 violence
9 no respect for existing Americans
10 Hate

I could continue this list I have seen first hand and have been getting to know people in the Hispanic community so that when they say we should respect the plight of these pour people do not be fooled for one moment they think we are weak and stupid plus we don’t speak their language so they operate their own life styles under the radar.

I would say 90% of all patrons here are illegal some just got here yesterday These are not proud people they are nothing more then thugs.

Well that spells it out, doesn’t it?  Detailing the hypocracy, misspellings and spastic grammar would be like shooting fish in a barrel, so I’ll avoid that.

Smart, sexy, (and wait a minute; suspiciously Mexican-looking), Shana Forde is out to save Americans from those nasty, dirty, criminals from Mexico.

Smart, sexy, (and wait a minute; suspiciously Mexican-looking), Shawna Forde is out to save Americans from those nasty, dirty criminals from Mexico.

And really, the whole thing depresses me.  Here I though these people were so genetically challenged that they were no threat at all. Bzzzt. Wrong. Seems that a steady diet of ambrosia, Bud Light, and NASCAR can in fact provide enough nourishment to generate some real activity. Bottom line: the only good Minutemen are these ones:

The awesome Minutemen, while D. Boon was still with us. Didn't hate Mexicans.

The only Minutemen worth listening to.

I suggest every real American buy a copy of Double Nickles on the Dime immediately.

40 Comments

1. Teresa

Brad, you’re the best! And I’ll bet you hear that all the time. Keep musing online!

2. Brad

Thanks Teresa, and no I don’t. Hear it all the time. Except from, you know, Joanna. I’m trying to get back on a more aggressive writing pace though, hoping to get a slightly enlarged readership.

3. Pingback: Posts about Mexico Violence as of July 1, 2009 | EL CHUCO TIMES

4. Brom Keifetz

Brad, my man! The original Minutemen were heroes, as were D.Boon, Mike Watt, and George Hurley. It was quite natural given the musical MINUTEMEN’s WHITE-LATINIST sensibility that they’d take their name from real anti-imperialist heroes. I hate the confusion now that people have forgotten about FIREHOSE (Watt and Ed Crawford’s band) let alone the MINUTEMEN.

The idiots in Douglas and Laredo have it all wrong, though. It’s American DEA and officers of THE DRUG CZAR who are destablizing Condado Chihuahua and Condado Nuevo Laredo using more or less the 10 techniques listed above!

President Calderon earlier this year begged Obama to let him have a drug decriminalization referendum. You saw how that went.

The entire 3-WAY TIE (FOR LAST) and DOUBLE NICKLES ON THE DIME are free on youtube without restriction.

1. Brad

Somehow I knew you’d love the Minutemen – and Firehose, I fucking loved them too. Mr. Machinery Operator, which was produced by J Mascis and sounded more like a Dinosaur Jr. than a Firehose album, wasn’t one of my faves, but the first four are great. I saw Firehose play in Hoboken, and Mike Watt broke a fucking bass string. One and only time I’ve seen that. He’s a monster.

As for the DEA and the office of the Drug Czar – you’re certainly not the first person I’ve met who called them domestic terrorists. Both have a vested interest in perpetuating the status quo of the “drug war” or face decommission. And no one on the government tit is willing to be weaned, no matter the cost.

5. Brom Keifetz

You’ll like my screed at BuelahMan’s Redstate Revolt, then, about MOTHER JONES magazine being revolting pro-Drug War and anti-Latino.

“FATHERLAND” JONES?

6. Michelle

I’m speechless. Considering my hubby is a Mexican immigrant (with papers- LOL!!!) I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, or beat the crap out of someone after I read it. I’m shocked. All I can think is Wow! We really do have a ton of dip shits in America.

1. Brad

You are correct, ma’am. A ton. There’s really not much to say beyond that, is there?

7. Pingback: Bone in the Fan » Recent Reviews & Other Popular Crap

8. keith

aye aye to the minutemen, cap’m.
    hope you and the crew are well…
    -kk

1. Brad

Well indeed, thanks. Does this mean you’ve stopped hating me? How have you been?

9. George

Hey Brad,

What about the fact that illegals are bankrupting all of the states that they inhabit. They get welfare, go to emergency rooms and do not pay, free schooling for their kids, etc…
    I have talked to legal residents that are not happy with illegals, they take their jobs for less pay and cause a lot of the gang violence that we see. Most of the people that come through our border illegally have at least a DUI, I don’t know about you, but I do not want a person that is not even supposed to be here killing my family while DUI.

So there you go BRAD

1. Brad

Well, GEORGE,

I’d suggest doing actual research rather than using weak and inaccurate talking points regurgitated from Glen Beck or his equivalent.

And your point about DUIs is fucking retarded. You and I both know you pulled that out of your ass or from some douchebag you heard whining on talk radio. I love a difference of opinion, but it’s a waste of time discussing topics like this with someone too lazy to actually learn some facts.

1. Renee Welle

Actually, when my best friend Emily Bumkens got struck head on and killed by a drunk driver who had his lights off on February 12, 2005, it was not fucking retarded. And since he was an illegal immigrant, did he go to jail? No. He got DEPORTED. She was only 18 years old. I was with her that night. So why dont you waste your time discussing the topics you actually really fucking know about.

1. Bradford Schmidt (Post author)

Renee,
          I’m very sorry for your loss – that must have been a horrible night for you. But I am writing about something I know about – as far as drunk drivers, when I was 22 my older brother, who had just left the Marines and was attending school, was riding a bicycle home from his job when he was struck and killed by a drunk driver. A driver that, by the way, should have had his license revoked for repeated offenses, but had not. A driver that never saw much jail time, thanks to his legal team. A driver that was an American.

Point is, people do horrible shit to each other. Like slaughtering innocent families while trying to steal drug money to fund taking the law into their own hands.

And, as tragic as your friend’s accident was, the fact is this: had that person been allowed to immigrate here legally, he wouldn’t have been deported and would have done jail time for his crime.

Again, you have my condolences for your terrible loss.

1. Renee

People can move here legally! Are you missing something? Study, learn some english, and if you can’t do that and are desperate, then find somebody who will MARRY you! Its life! Everybody US citizen has to face the law. Believe me, it is a struggle for ME not to break the law. But none of us gets a free pass. I don’t think the topic of immigration is what upset me here, it was you. Bottom line- if that guy had moved here LEGALLY and hadn’t broken the law- justice would have been served.

2. Bradford Schmidt (Post author)

I see we agree – if the person had been here legally, they would have done time.

But do you honestly belive that anyone can just learn English to move here legally? First of all, learning English ISN’T a pre-requisite, but getting a green card is. About 55,000 green cards are issued a year. About 12 MILLION people apply for them. So about .0045 of the applicants get one. Which is less than one half of one percent. Not great odds.

As for “just marrying someone” – well, first you’re excluding anyone that might already be married and looking to make a better life for their family. Second, the chance of a poor person from a Latin country somehow meeting and falling in love with an American (after all, they can’t get here in the first place), is pretty slim. Finally, if it’s a marraige of convenience (that’d be one just to get a green card), it’s illegal.

Again, I’m sorry for your loss, but somehow condemning everyone that wants to move to the US because of it is silly. And remember – this original post wasn’t about immigration, it was about a bunch of bigoted murderers.

However, on that topic, I’m in favor of open immigration, and maintain that if it were US policy there would be no illegals here – thus, the person would have gone to jail. I have yet to see anyone rebut the reasoning there.

2. Carly sheffer

I was dating emily’s brother when she was murdered on February 12, 2006. After being hit head on by mr. Ortega who was an illegal immigrant, with no valid drivers liscence. She died upon impact as her heart exploded from the force of the 2 vehicles impacting. Mr. Ortega was found wandering the street 2 blocks away, limping and had no recollection of the accident. He was charged with vehicular homicide and received the maximum of 6 years in prison, with immediate deportation after his release. Which will be coming up here in a few short months. He never understood the impact of this crime and what he took from the Bumkens family, as attendance to her furnal was an overwhelming 600 family and friends, standing room only. Emily now has 3 nieces and 2 nephews, 3 of whom she never got a chance to meet. I hope one day mr Ortega understands what he has done and how much he hurt everyone by driving drunk that night.

10. George

Oh, I forgot I agree with one thing 90% of the Minutemen are dumb asses. They need to lobby DHS and Congress to let the USBP do its job correctly and actually enforce the laws, instead of wasting their time on the border causing more problems for the Border Patrol.

1. Brad

Yawn.

11. George

No I am not going to call you Mr. Schmidt. Your new name is Douche. So Douche, your reply is the typical liberal response. “do some research, Duh”, but you give no facts. The fact is that these are not talking points. This is really really happening. Illegals go to the emergency rooms, who pays for those visits? They take their kids to school and get free lunch. Who pays for that? I live in San Diego I know people who are Illegals and get welfare and other benefits. Further more, Douche, unlike you, I do not need to do research to say that a lot of the people that cross illegally have DUI’s, because I am a Border Patrol Agent. I see it every day. I thank god that I work in this field because I feel I make a difference and when I come home and see my kids, I know that I did something honorable. I protect this country every night, what do you do?

Ok Douche

1. Brad

Excuse me: what claims did I make that require proof? As far as I can see, all I said was that I thought you were repeating arguments you heard elsewhere, and had no evidence whatsoever to back them up. Seems to me you were the one making claims that might require some sort of proof – not that you’ve provided any.

The fact that people that are here illegally go to the E.R. (or go to school) is completely irrelevant, and I don’t debate it. But I have yet to see any evidence that’s causing states to go bankrupt. Or that if they were allowed to live here legally it would be an issue at all.

On that note though, my conversation with you will end. Between your tiresome and predictable vitriol and name calling, you’ve made it clear that you aren’t interested in actually discussing anything intelligently (as an aside though, if you really are a border patrol agent, you might want to consider rounding up all these people you claim to personally know that are illegals collecting welfare and other benefits – thought that would’ve been covered in your job description), so you are no longer welcome here. Fun and interesting debate I love – abusive and obnoxious noise that takes up time and space but provides nothing worthwhile, not so much.

And by the way, I’m not a liberal – but I don’t blame you for thinking I am. It’s a common mistake, especially among people that don’t have the intellectual curiosity to explore issues beyond the simplistic black and white lines drawn by the media and politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle.

12. Michelle

George, let me enlighten you. RESEARCH = FACTS

#1 The leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S are unpaid medical bills by U.S citizens because the conservatives can’t get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize we need health care reform in this country. Solution isn’t even a conservative vocabulary word but DELAY is a word they definitely understand.

The leading cause of STATE bankruptcy is fiscal irresponsibility! Politicians bite the big one on that, NOT illegal immigrants.

#2 Maybe instead of crying so much about the crooked welfare system George, you should elect the right individuals to make changes in your state laws since you claim your system is corrupt or maybe run for office yourself. In my state an individual/family isn’t allowed to obtain welfare assistance without identification (birth certificates) showing they are a U.S. citizen.

How many illegals do you personally know on welfare George??? NONE!!! You’ve probably never had a conversation with an illegal in your entire life except when you arrest them coming over the border (though I highly doubt that is your career).

So for the guy who does no research, the leading cause of welfare fraud in the U.S are women with children not reporting a boyfriend who works and is living in the home with her AND large sums of money collected fraudulently by child care providers. NOT money collected by illegal immigrants! Actually, illegal immigration welfare fraud isn’t even listed.

#3 I don’t believe for one second those LEGAL residents you spoke to would take the jobs most ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS take and RESEARCH (that beautiful word) doesn’t agree with you either.

*For service & skilled jobs, immigration has no impact
    *For manual labor jobs you see the impact coming from those immigrants who change their status from tourist or student to “green card” status allowing them to work. Which is NOT a crime in this country. This country is founded by immigrants and just because you may have been here longer doesn’t mean you have any more rights to it than a new immigrant does.

“Over time, immigrants and their descendants collectively provide more to the federal government in taxes than they receive in benefits. According to the National Academy of Sciences, a typical immigrant and his/her descendants will pay an estimated $80,000 more in taxes than they will receive in combined local, state, and federal benefits over their lifetimes.”

1. Bradford Schmidt

Michelle – you have more patience than I do.

I started laying these arguments out last night and just decided I wasn’t going to try to have a discussion with someone so obviously disinterested in anything but yelling their talking points over the top of a reasonable conversation. Even one that started out as a snarky column on my site.

It’s too bad that people are so susceptible to accepting the validity of finger-pointing solutions to their personal problems. What’s next, are people going to blame their asthma on illegal aliens because they’ve breathed up all the good air? (sorry, still too groggy to come up with a better sarcastic comment than that)

But as an aside, I’d be remiss if I didn’t add to your argument: you didn’t mention the illegal immigrants that DO pay taxes (including social security) with false ss numbers, yet do not receive benefits in return.

More coffee for me now.

13. Michelle

Hi Brad,

1. George

Dear Micelle

That is pretty funny!

“Hi Brad,
      I’ll step off the soapbox for now. LOL! Thanks for the additional info and for writing a great blog!”

Way to pat your self in the back, HAHAHA. You really think highly of your self don’t you. well here you go, gnaw on this for a while

I am going to respond to you because Brad is too tired to go do the research and you obviously did some research in the wrong places. I never said I do not do research, I said that I do not need to research the whole DUI thing because I see it every day. Another one I do not need to research is the domestic violence issue because we get one or more of those everyday. Now the rest of my comments I did research. I did not just wake up one day, Michelle and decide to blame Illegals for all of the troubles in the United States. I know how hard it is to be in a country that does not care about its people. I am an Immigrant as well, although you probably will not believe that either, just like you did not believe I am a PA, I was born in Cuba. I feel bad for some of these people. Now about the part that I should probably arrest those Illegals that I claimed to know, well:
      #1 I do not hang out with these people I just know who they are.
      #2 That is not my job, ICE is the one that takes care of interior enforcement.
      #3 We are not allowed to go arrest people just because we feel we should, we need some kind of articulable facts and we are discouraged from arresting people that are already in the US.

Now you are jumping into healthcare and personal bankruptcy, which was not what we were talking about, but there are studies written that say its medical and others say its lack financial control. For example Harvard (the most liberal school on the planet) states that it is medical issues while other studies state that medical issues contribute but are not the leading cause. Next, I am just curious who told you that the conservatives do not want health care reform, was it Chris Matthews or Rachel Maddow. The only thing that liberals want to do with health care is to make it government run. This socialist form of healthcare has not worked in any country and they want to do it here, why? Because they want more control over us. If they really wanted change they would start with Tort Reform, but they do not want to make the trail lawyers and the Unions upset because Obama is in their pocket or they are in his (I haven’t decided yet). So, it is not that conservatives want to delay, it’s that the liberals do not want to include them. If they include the conservatives they will not get their socialist/communist health care.

Now about welfare, I think you just missed the point all together it doesn’t matter whether or not the leading cause is women with children or chipmunks with alcohol problems. The point is that illegals are a drain on social services and it’s the worse kind of drain because they are not even supposed to be here. I really do not care whether you believe me or not when it comes to which jobs legal residents will take. I had that conversation with a couple of different people whether you like it or not. The last point I want to make, Michelle, is that your last paragraph made my mouth water. It proves my point about liberals and how mistaken they are.

“Instead of using illegal immigrants as a scapegoat for our current economic crisis, why not try channeling some of that energy in a constructive way and help the conservatives come up with some ideas on how to solve some our countries current problems like health care, housing, world relations, job loss, etc… because it is obvious all that whining and crying is getting you republican’s nowhere!”

#1 I do not use Illegals immigrants as scapegoats for current economic crisis. I blame the government for that. Illegals contribute to the already dire crisis we are facing.
      #2 Who told you that I have to come up with constructive ways to help conservatives, you are so mistaken about what the role of the government is. Government is not supposed to give us health care, housing, or do something about job loss. Those are all private sector things and if the government left the private sector alone and stopped taxing them to death maybe we would not have a problem with job loss or housing. Government should worry about world relations and regulating the health care industry. The way you solve world relations is by showing the world that our gun is bigger than theirs, which is something whining liberals hate to do. We should all hug and sing “we are the world”, the only problem with that is that a lot of those people would be stabbing you while you sing and the government meanwhile is picking your pocket. The health care industry needs to be regulated and made more consumer friendly, but the problem with that is that ALL politicians are in the pocket of these big companies, especially the democrats. Remember there are more rich democrats then there are republicans. Like I said before start with TORT reform, then move on to the more complicated aspects of it.

Do you know what I will never forget, what ex-Pres. Fox said, I do not remember the exact quote, but he basically said that the economy in Mexico was doing really bad right now because the economy in the US is not doing to good and there are less Mexicans sending dollars back to Mexico. WOW!

OK Michelle

14. Bradford Schmidt

Fantastic. Another list of regurgitated talking points that don’t rise to the standards of a sixth grade debate team. Two things caught my eye as I skimmed it though, and I can’t resist mentioning them.

The first was the old red herring of tort reform. Even if you buy into the absurdly simplistic and shaky arguments that tort reform will somehow fix health care, the Constitution places the writing of tort law into the hands of individual states, and federal tort reform is a clear violation of the Constitution’s limits on congressional power. Before someone berates Michele for being “so mistaken about what the role of the government is,” I’d think they’d bother to try and understand it themselves.

The second was this part of the comment: “Do you know what I will never forget, what ex-Pres. Fox said, I do not remember the exact quote.”

See, that’s fucking funny on so many levels.

15. keith k

I’ll never forget what my grandmother used to say. She said “Always…” or wait was it “Never….”

(pointy bird, oh pointy-pointy…)

16. George

Regurgitated talking points=liberal for I don’t know what to say because you are right. That’s cool I know you are still tired. What is so absurd, shaky or simplistic about stopping frivolous law suits, that force doctors to have million+ dollar insurance policies that raise our health insurance costs. I don’t get it, the cost is getting transfered to us, plain and simple. I did a google search for Tort Reform and do you know what came up, not surprisingly all of the left’s studies that say why Tort Reform is a bad Idea. Talk about Regurgitated Talking Points, most of these were done by law companies, no way that can’t be right. Besides what the hell are you talking about unconstitutional, the Obama Gang has no problem with unconstitutional. Just look at the health care bill, the whole thing is unconstitutional. Correct me if I am wrong, but where does it say in the Constitution that the Government has the right to fine citizens for not buying health insurance. I am pretty sure that is a “clear violation of the Constitution’s limits on congressional power”, I could be wrong I am going to do another google search so that my left leaning google computer regurgitates the so called truth. Furthermore I said Tort Reform I did not specify how they were going to do it, you know as well as I do that the Federal Government knows how to force states to do what they want. Just look at the 300 million Louisiana is going to receive for its vote for the health care bill. Oh and the last thing, the quote issue, listen dummy, I know what Fox was trying to say, that is what I will never forget. I did not say I will never forget Fox’s exact quote. That is just a dumb sixth grade debate team argument to try to make me look bad and it does not work.

Dummy.

PS what happened to the whole immigration thing, did you forget that was the original argument. Did you give up because you don’t have your facts straight and you are searching google for comebacks. Search what ever you want my arguments make sense and you know it and so does Michelle. Oh and Keith all I have for you is WHAT?

1. Bradford Schmidt

George said “That is just a dumb sixth grade debate team argument to try to make me look bad and it does not work.”

It wasn’t really an argument, just something I pointed out. But I agree with you wholeheartedly: you don’t need my help to look bad.

17. Michelle

I’m sorry George but my 13 year old can DEBATE a topic in a more educated way than you can! Did you just call Brad a Dummy? Are you serious? LOL!

Since you brought up the topic and I have first hand experience in this area, let me educate you!

Your statement:
    “Regurgitated talking points=liberal for I don’t know what to say because you are right. That’s cool I know you are still tired. What is so absurd, shaky or simplistic about stopping frivolous law suits, that force doctors to have million+ dollar insurance policies that raise our health insurance costs.”

#1 Genius, if we put a 250,000 cap on medical malpractice lawsuites like the conservatives would like, who do you think will pay the medical and life costs of all those people left severely disabled by the doctors incompetence? Or haven’t you thought that far beyond the FOX news program? You conservatives cry about your tax dollars now, well think of the tax increase you’ll face when YOU have to pay the medical care and life care for an individual who can’t walk, think, or use their right arm because some idiotic doctor “messed up”.

#2 Settlements are based on future medical and psychological needs of the person left disabled by the doctor. You presume to know every situation if you think 250,000 can cover the cost of most people’s care. Clearly you don’t know anyone left profoundly disabled by a physician and becareful… you might suffer at the hands of a doctor and no lawyer would take a case that the top payout is only $250,000. It isn’t even worth it to a patient when their medical care costs would exceed that amount in the first year.

Genius George, Enlighten me on the bigger issue. What information are you privvy to that the rest of us aren’t that makes you believe that putting a cap of 250,000 on medical malpractice would solve our current Healthcare crisis?

#3 I don’t know what state you reside in but, as I said before, stop whining and do something. Where I live we have a conservative, restrictive, malpractice law. An attorney cannot start action in our state without simultaneously providing a sworn affidavit by the attorney that the case was already reviewed by a qualified expert who opined that there was negligence; then within a short period of time the plaintiff must provide signed and very detailed affidavits from qualified experts as to the negligence and causation, or the case is thrown out of court. So, if you have a high number of frivolous lawsuits in your state start doing something about it. You clearly know nothing about the nation as a whole, a good starting point for you is to get educated on the laws in your state. Our state has the 2nd lowest malpractice suites filed in the nation, where does your state rank? I highly doubt you even know!

#4 As for the FACTS: According to the Journal of Health Affairs, over 10 years malpractice payouts have grown on average of 6.2% per year, which is less than the rate of MEDICAL INFLATION, which averaged 6.7%.

Even Pres. Bush’s Economic Advisors in 2002 stated: “The liability system makes persons who injure others aware of their actions and provides incentives for them to act accordingly.”

According to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, malpractice insurance costs amount to only 3.2% of the average doctor’s revenues. In contrast, they spend 17% on payroll costs and 5.8% on rent.

Caps on malpractice do not lower medical malpractice premiums for doctors. Take California for example: Caps were enacted in Calif. In 1975 but malpractice premiums nearly doubled in the first four years after the caps were formed.

“There is not much difference in medical malpractice rates or the rate of change between California and the nation, based on the latest decade of experience,” according to a study by Robert Hunter, former Texas Insurance Commissioner and federal insurance administrator during the Ford and Carter administration.

If caps worked, Nevada rates would have gone down after Nevada enacted caps which are among the most severe in the country. Instead, once caps were enacted, insurers announced that they would not reduce rates.

It isn’t the lawsuits that are the problem. It is those fancy lawmaking politicians being LOBBIED by doctors that are trying to distract us from the real cause.

So Genius George: try getting a REAL education on the issues and stop spewing the bullshit FOX news feeds you. Instead of sitting on your butt watching Fox news you’d serve yourself much better by going to school, reading a newspaper, talking to people of various backgrounds. The reason you are so small minded is because you only associate with people who think like you and only listen to news programs that tell you what you already believe to be true.

1. Bradford Schmidt

Michelle – you really are wasting time here. He can’t even respond directly to a point, much less mount a sensible argument – and why the fuck does he keep calling me a liberal? On the other hand, it is interesting to get an up-close look at how a Sean Hannity fan’s brain chugs along.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

2. George

Michelle
      Dear, you started by telling me that I am debating worse than a 13 year old because I called Bradley a dummy. Then at the end of your Rachel Maddow presentation, you call me an idiot, what does that say about you. Well, lets just say it shows your lack of class and education.

You are right about one thing, I did over simplify, but that is only because I am dealing with people like you. So let me explain. Where did you read the word cap or the number 250,000 in what I wrote, because I do not remember writing any of that.

Here is the Tort Reform that I am talking about and it has nothing to do with capping the amount a plaintiff can receive when filing a true and just law suit.

here are a couple of proposals from the Heritage Foundation that will help:
      Proposal A: a rule requiring truth in advertising. When lawyers charge a contingent fee, they should also disclose the equivalent hourly rate, and give the clients a choice. Based upon their own experience, plaintiff lawyers know how much they will have to work to get a settlement. So do the defense lawyers and insurance companies. Only the poor victims, inexperienced with the legal system, enter into the proceedings ignorant of these matters.

But it doesn’t take a legal education to understand money. Imagine how the average American would react if lawyers were forced to quote their fees as “33 percent or $5,000 per hour.” And why would lawyers object, except to keep the true nature of their fees secret?

Or, how about Proposal B, a rule that requires lawyers to try to settle cases before filing suit? And, if their client wants to accept the settlement offered, then they could only charge an hourly rate based upon the actual number of hours they must work to finalize the settlement papers. Either of these proposals would do two things: reduce the amount of money that lawyers drain out of the system, and increase the amount of money that actually goes into victims’ pockets. Wouldn’t that be a good thing?

This would curb the amount of frivolous law suits and would leave more money in the pocket of the true victims, not the trail lawyers. Now, the reason why this will never happen is because the trail lawyer lobby is very powerful and they contribute millions to, yes, you guessed it, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. YEEEEY The Democratic party is in bed with the trail lawyers how surprising considering that they supposedly advocate for the little people, I guess that is the reason why Martin Luther King was a democrat, oh no, wait he was a Republican oops. Some Republicans are involved in this as well and they are scumbags who should be voted out of office.

Also, I do not remember saying that the principal reason that health insurance goes up every year is because of law suits. However, it does cost the tax paying public 180 billion dollars per year. That is the reason why I said START with TORT REFORM. Furthermore, dummy, how is Obama care going to fix the problem if “According to a recent insurance industry study by Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, the increase in health costs is largely attributable to new technology and hospital mergers. Malpractice claims is not listed as a factor.”. Or, are you saying that Obama care is going to disincentivize the pharmaceutical industry and the health care industry from developing new drugs and new technologies, so that the old technology and drugs become cheaper and since he will be taking over the medical industry, the only merger that will occur is hospitals will merge with the government.

So Genius Michelle: try getting a REAL education on the issues and stop spewing the bullshit MSNBC and ABC news feeds you. Instead of sitting on your butt and making it fatter, watching Rachel and Chris you’d serve yourself much better by going to school, reading a newspaper, talking to people of various backgrounds and doing some butt exercises. The reason you are so small minded is because you only associate with people who think like you and only listen to news programs that tell you what you already believe to be true.
      As for the whole “immigration” topic. The facts were laid out for you. If you want to remain an idiot your entire life, than so be it. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA.

That comment was so perfect I could not bring my self to changing it, I only improved it.

18. Michelle

I didn’t make you the idiot, you chose that one for yourself. I was just making an observation based on the obvious lack of education and your 3rd grade vocabulary.

As for your tort reform, puked out from the conservative site “The Heritage Foundation” LOL!! All that copy and pasting must have been exhausting. As I said before, keep associating with those that only think like you then you’ll never learn a thing. Come back and share when you have some facts from an unbiased source… and instead of making a post with 3/4 of someone elses words, use your own.

BTW/Thanks for the Rachel Maddow comparison 🙂

Brad, I hope you and Joanna had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

19. George

Wow, you are a very angry person, I am done with you. I just feel bad for your husband, unless he already left you.

Good luck and have a happy Thanksgiving, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
    You too Bradford Schmidt and Joanna.

20. Caroline

Sorry to get involved but read some of your posts. Michelle: It is sad to see how you tell George to find an unbiased source but at the same time rejoice in being compared to Mrs. Maddow (Ironic). You seem very angry at someone who has a different point of view so, why are you asking this person to associate with people with different points of view? I don’t think you lead by example. I am a proud conservative and an x-democrat. In fact many of my family members who are not that into politics and get their daily dose through comedy central, the Newyorker or Hollywood (who has always gone left) are also Democrats. I always want to be on the side with more common sense. In order to do so I ran a little experiment for myself. I recorded MSNBC & FOX news on the same day for several days. I joined several conservative movements and progressive ones like the ACLU and Organizing for America and I could hardly believe my eyes. I was actually a conservative! and the manipulation on the private sector ( where I belong) is ten times stronger coming from the left. Everyone is bias when giving their personal opinion, no one can help it but, the facts are there and can be cross-referenced. Become part of what is best for your country and if after your own experiment you consider that the progressive movement is more align with who you are then be it, but, stop the anger against other Americans with different points of view. That is what freedom of speech is for. Enjoy it and use it for good purposes.

21. Bradford Schmidt

In case anyone is wondering, both George and Caroline posted from the same computer.

22. George

So what! that’s my wife, I told her about the posts and she decided to give her opinion. I don’t get it we are allowed to share a computer are we not. Its a laptop if you want more info and we have a desk top also. They are both Mac. I also have an i-phone and my wife does too. What else do you want to know? I could have posted from this computer and you never would have known so what’s the problem.

23. Dave

Let’s get back to basics, George. Here is your original post:
    “What about the fact that illegals are bankrupting all of the states that they inhabit?” — no states are bankrupt — that’s a fact. Where are your facts?

“They get welfare, go to emergency rooms and do not pay, free schooling for their kids, etc…” that should be easy to prove. Where are your data? BTW, Data is not “Rush says, Sean says, etc.” Cite your source/

“I have talked to legal residents that are not happy with illegals,” No shit

“they take their jobs for less pay” — evidence?

“and cause a lot of the gang violence that we see.” evidence? What data show this? BTW, ‘this guy I talked to at a barbecue has a brother who… is not evidence.’

“Most of the people that come through our border illegally have at least a DUI” — this is a claim to know a fact supported by data. Where are the data? It should be really easy to give us a number from a reputable organization (NewsMax or the NY Times don’t count — cite the source of the data, not the story.).

“I don’t know about you, but I do not want a person that is not even supposed to be here killing my family while DUI.” Neither do I. I also would like to see you deported, even if you are a citizen. I’ll be working with the conservative delegation congress to see what we can get accomplished in that regard.

24. Brett

Dear Mr. Schmidt,

Thank God For Accidental Googling. I Was Looking Up ShaunA Forde And Found Your Site. If You Have An Email Address, I’ Like To Sent Kudos Which Capitalize cCorrectly. Bless You…A New True fan